I am back to blogging. I took a five year hiatus and honestly I have missed the outlet. I enjoy this release, and the ability to share with people (even if it's only 2 of you - hi mom!) I turned 30 this year and I am really focused on becoming and showing my authentic self. I love birthdays because I feel like its always a good time of renewal and to reset goals and visions. I am all about making myself better, and really discovering what is going to make me happy, and thats all about what habits and ideas are going to be sustainable. And this is a great platform to write about all those interesting things, that I am sure other people can relate to. So in this journey for authenticity I really want to strive for a simplistic materialistic approach in my life (this is a pretty new idea for me), but I think it will allow more space for the things that really matter. In an effort to move in that direction I received a little inspiration (which as we know always presents itself in ...
Well there are a few things to catch you up on since my last post- so let's get started. As most of you who are close to Z and I know we have a weakness for things that are "Seen on TV" it's kind of our guilty pleasure. As a little background info we have tried all of the following (don't judge): Mighty Hooks, Sham-Wow, Bump It, Kinoki Foot Pads, Smooth Away, Barry' s Boot Camp DVD's and Aqua Globes to name a few. To be honest we are most always disappointed or freaked out (foot pads) But we love how cheesy the commercials are and we have to try it as more of a joke than anything. So the other day Zach brought me home the Perfect Brownie Pan. So of course I had to try it by making brownies. The pan worked actually pretty well the only issue we had was trying to get the divider out as it was stuck to the brownies. You can judge for your self by the video! But since I can't eat the brownies (because of the fast) I took some to work and they were a big hi...
Well the weather is finally coming around here in Miami. We've had a couple great days and I hope to keep the trend going. This week begins our parade of guests beginning with Olivia (my sister) and her 2 friends Courtney and Katie. They arrived today and are taking a much needed nap from their travels. I have today off clearly :) so I am taking advantage. I have been to the chiropractor and worked out. I still have a few more things on my list for today. Pick up dry cleaning, go to the grocery store and get my eyebrows waxed. Then it will have been a completely successful day. Zach and I have spent the week cleaning and getting ready for guests. This included a lot of reorganizing which ended up being a great idea. Zach conceeded the entire closet to me, (it was his idea). And he took over the linen closet for his things. This has turned out to be quite nice. Last night we even went to Ikea to look for more storage ideas, not to much found but I did get some great cloth boxes for ...
you are precious!!!! where did you get all those little things?? i amputting up the rest of my decorations this weekend -- i need help!!
ReplyDeleteEmily! I love your Christmas Tree Sconce with the stockings! I have been trying to figure out where to put our stockings. Where did you find it??
ReplyDelete